Sunday, March 9, 2014

1 Week Till Break........AHH!

Hi Everyone,

Happy Sunday, Happy First Sunday of Lent! Hope everyone's lent is starting out well, for those who are Catholic. For me lent is a special time and an extra special reason to do some additional self reflection and discernment.

It is super nice here today, all the snow has melted and the sun is out! :) ...just maybe we are finally out of winter. We will see if that holds to be the case.

For me this has been a really productive weekend. I have finished (at least the rough draft) of a paper I needed to do for my American Novel class. I really do enjoy reading and discussing American Novel's. I am just a slow reader so reading novels is not something I do as much as I would like to. Two of the novels we have read and discussed so far are The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton and Main Street by Sinclair Lewis. I might have mentioned before that this class is a night class so we just meet once a week for 2 hours and 40 minutes but in a way it is my fastest night class that I have had. Reading novels makes night class go really fast. When you have that long of a class you are able to have some great in depth discussions.

Last week I got two exams knocked out so that is a really great feeling. The first round of exams in every class are always the ones I feel the best about when I get them done. It is nice to finally get a substantial portion of your grade set in the grade book. I am still coming to grips with that this is my last semester... most of my classes now I only have one more round of exams left in them... the final exams (some classes I have 2 rounds). I haven't but I could probably count the number of exams I have left on one hand (pretty crazy to think about).

I am so excited for spring break too which is coming up in a week. More on that to come in the future. But for now I am off to keep plugging away at homework and go for a run enjoying this awesome day.

A great quote I found the other day was:

" “All of us have a voice. All of us deserve to be heard. All of us deserve to be okay. My wish for you is that no matter where you are in the journey, that you take one more step.”- I do not remember who said it. 


Incase we forgot what snow looks like. This was a picture from campus last month when we had the snow days. The sky looks the same. The ground doesn't though ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment