Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I really enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday. For me the Thanksgiving holiday is just such a nice time to reflect on all the blessings I have been given with over the last year. Our families church back in Naperville, IL does a very nice Thanksgiving mass where the homily consists mainly of time for those in attendance to share if they want how they have been blessed this past year. My sister came home from college and my Grandma came in so it was nice to spend thanksgiving with them. I think my sister Hannah (the only one of us three still at home enjoyed a break from the quietness although she is not fast to admit it). Again I asked her if she wanted to be my guest blogger and write my blog entry for me but she did not take my up on the offer.
My Dad, Hannah and me hanging Christmas lights.
This Thanksgiving break was shorter than last year. Last year we got the whole week off and this year we only got three days off plus the weekend. In case anyone was wondering I was not one of those inline at 10pm on Thanksgiving day waiting for Walmart to open. My question is what happened to Thanksgiving being a day to spend with family…at the rate society is going black Friday might become black Thanksgiving. Any who those are just my thoughts.
So this is the last week of classes before finals. I cannot believe I am almost done with three semesters of Rockhurst. Next week is finals then CHRISTMAS BREAK! It was nice being able to tell my parents this morning when I left that I would see them in only 12 days.
The two days of classes last week were a little crazy I had two big exams in those days. Both of them went pretty good I think. One of them took my like three hours… It was all writing too. I have never had my hand cramp up so badly.
I hope everyone enjoys this advent season.
As we enter into this busy holiday season I would like to share part of song with you:
I need a silent night, a holy night
To hear an angel voice through the chaos and the noise
I need a midnight clear, a little peace right here
To end this crazy day with a silent night

To end this crazy day with a silent night” I need a Silent Night by Amy Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment