Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back at it.

A Screenshot of the NEW RU website :) 

Hi everyone. I cannot believe we are already done with a week and a half of the second semester. I apologize for not getting my first blog entry of the semester up sooner it has just been really busy. One of the things that has kept me busy this last week Rockhurst launched their new website. If you have not seen it yet check it out! It is much improved and easier to navigate.

            I cannot believe that it is almost February and there is not any snow on the ground in Kansas City. In fact I just looked at the weather and it is supposed to be 64 degrees here tomorrow so there is no snow in our near future. I know I was talking to my family back home in Chicago and they got seven inches of snow one time and then they have had a few other smaller snow falls. I enjoy one or two good snow falls for me growing up all my life in Chicago it is just not winter without a few sizeable snow falls. Last year around this time Rockhurst had three snow days!

            This semester looks to be an exciting semester for me with a nonprofit finance class, an accounting class, a global business class, and Honors Macro Economics. Additionally I am taking an independent study to further explore what I started to research with a group of students in Haiti over Christmas break. The week before classes started I took a trip down to Haiti with a group of 5 other Rockhurst students and two faculty members. Stay tuned for my next blog post for more about the Haiti trip including some pictures. It was just a wonderful experience and I could not have asked for a better group of my peers to go with. 

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment