Sunday, February 5, 2012

Watching the super bowl… An end to an interesting weekend…

Hi all, Hope everyone had a great week. I am currently in the lobby of Corcoran watching the end of the Super Bowl with a group of residents. Hope everyone has had a good Super Bowl Sunday. I went to the 6pm student mass tonight and there were very few students there I guess everyone was thinking smart and went this morning. Maybe next year they should consider doing the mass earlier so everyone could still catch the Super Bowl and still attend the student mass. Other than watching the Super Bowl I had a meeting to plan our presentation to the campus on our Haiti trip that I was part of.
            This past Friday and Saturday I was at Mizzou as part of the Rockhurst Delegation for the Certified Peer Educator training. I was supposed to go last year but it got snowed out with the big snow storm that hit the area a year ago. The training covered some good information some of which I had heard before however we did go over some information which I had not heard before. It was probably the most sitting I have done in a two day stretch in the same chair in a long time. We had 5 hours of training on Friday night and almost 10 hours of training on Saturday. It ended with us taking a test over what we had covered. If we got an 80% on the test we will become CPE certified for life. It was a great group of us from Rockhurst that went I got to know them more. . At the training there were over a 100 students from various colleges and universities across the state.
This week looks to be a busy week with an accounting test Wednesday and a two quizzes this week also. So it should be fun. Hope you have a great week. I wont forget to talk about our Haiti trip next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment