Saturday, February 25, 2012

A little bit of Everything

Hi Everyone! Hope it has been a great week for everyone. T-minus 1 week and counting till spring break 2012 for Rockhurst University students. I leave Thursday afternoon to fly back to Chicago it will be great to spend the week with my family. I have not seen them since January 1st. Please keep all of those who have answered the call to go on service trips both nationally and internationally. I am not going on one of the trips this year but hope to travel on a future one. However I know countless people who are doing a service trip this break.
            This past week the group of us that traveled to Haiti over the break had our Haiti Presentation to the greater Rockhurst Community. In my opinion the presentation went great. Our group did a great job trying to describe an experience that is hard to describe to people who have never been to Haiti before. We had a really good turnout, over 60 students and faculty members attended our presentation.  So now that we finished with our presentation we can start to think about how we want to move forward with the ideas we came back from Haiti with.
            Other than our Haiti presentation it seemed to be a fairly normal week. I had one exam on Thursday and I have been starting to think about multiple term papers that I have to do. I am hoping I can get a large portion of them done while I am home for spring break. I also had my rehire interview for my Desk Manager position for next year so I will find out soon if I am rehired. Concurrently all those students who are interested in being Resident Assistants next school year have been going through their interview process. I have had a great experience as part of the Residence Life staff this year and I hope I can continue that experience next year.
            I apologize for being all over the place with this blog entry next week will flow better.

I came across a really good quote the other day that I would like to share: ‎"I asked for strength, and God gave me difficulties to make me strong. I asked for courage, and God gave me dangers to overcome. I asked for love, and God gave me people to help. I received nothing I wanted...I received everything I needed.”- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment