Saturday, September 1, 2012

Start of my Junior Year


I cannot believe that I am over half way done with my undergraduate education. Last week I finished up the work for my summer practicum class for the nonprofit program. The class was to go along with the internship that I did this summer at Northern Illinois Food Bank in Geneva, Illinois. I interned there for over 450 hours this summer. For the class I had to do a presentation to my peers in the nonprofit leadership program here as well as write weekly journal entries. My tasks included grant writing, volunteer recruitment, coordination and appreciation. In addition this summer our family went on a family vacation to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. While we were there it was very nice weather and we hit all four of the theme parks as well as downtown Disney and one of the water parks (which I was not very impressed with to be completely honest). I must admit staying on Disney property but not in a Disney hotel is the way to go because of the free transportation. Going early in the summer was nice too because the parks were not as crowded as they are as it gets later into the summer.
                Additionally this summer I went to my cousins wedding up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It was fun because the rehearsal dinner was at the Milwaukee Brewers stadium. It was a great weekend to catch up with my extended family.
                Anyway now back to Rockhurst where I am at now. For those of you who are just starting to ready my blog welcome! Thank you for your readership. I hope you enjoy my weekly blog which will focus on the happenings of my life and the student life around Rockhurst University. This year Rockhurst welcomed their biggest freshman class in the history of over 450 students.
                I am Josh, a junior at Rockhurst University studying nonprofit leadership studies and accounting. This year I am a Desk Manager in XL hall, a Supplemental Instructor for accounting and I am involved in various activities such as a small faith sharing group, the HSOM Social Entrepreneurship Initiative and more. Finally, I am from Naperville, Illinois (outside of Chicago).  Have a great week. I will be posting again soon about my life at Rockhurst.
This is me and my two sisters. Hannah is on the left and Bethany on the right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment