Sunday, September 9, 2012


Well last weekend was Labor Day weekend. Hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day weekend and their last big parties of the summer. Additionally, I hope that it has been a great summer for everyone.  My labor day weekend was spent doing homework for the most part. For a lot of Rockhurst students Labor Day weekend serves as a time to go back home enjoy some home cooked food and get whatever they forgot to get before they moved in. Now that Labor Day has passed it is time to buckle down and get to work with classes for the next month and a week till fall break which is the midpoint of the semester. I am taking 18 hours this semester so it is sure to be a busy semester for me. My classes are pretty reading intensive this semester. My classes include two intermediate accounting classes, Developing worlds economics class, Community Engagement (nonprofit class), Finance, and Management and Organizational Behavior class. All my professors are really good and my classes are really interesting. So I am sure it will be a challenging but interesting semester.

        Over labor day weekend the campus got a lot of rain which was much needed in the Kansas City area. It was a good motivator to get homework done also because it was not tempting to go outside. Additionally I spent Saturday morning enjoying the Notre Dame football win from Ireland. They played Navy over in Ireland. I am a big Notre Dame football fan and so it was great to see a Notre Dame football victory. Hopefully Notre Dame will keep the winning up. I am probably going to go to one of their football games while I will be home for fall break in October.

“Have a bias toward action - let's see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away.” – Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment