Sunday, April 7, 2013

Running and Spring!




               As you can see in my picture below signs of spring are starting to appear on Rockhurst’s campus (the little green things are tulips coming up). Which is exciting for multiple reasons one of those is that spring is a sign of warmer weather. I do not talk about running much in this blog considering how much I love running (I run about 6 days a week for about 4 or more miles per day). For me running is a great stress relief. I started running when I was in 6th grade and joined the cross country team in 7th grade. I love being able to run outside.  Going to Rockhurst puts runners like me in a great location because we have the trolley train and loose park so close to campus. The trolley trial is like .75 miles from campus and Loose Park is like 1.5 miles from campus. Running this time of year outside is so enjoyable you do not have to worry about being too hot or too cold.



                While I am on the topic of running my friend and I have taken it upon ourselves to restart running club. I was surprised when I came to Rockhurst my freshman year how many people liked to run. Running club existed for a while my freshman year but then the people running it just got too busy. We had decent attendance at running club my freshman year. So my friend Amy and I are restarting running club we already have over twenty people who have signed up which is really exciting!! We are going to start doing group runs next week. It was really encouraging that we already have people volunteering to lead the runs. As I am sure I have blogged about before there is a 5k on campus that a lot of students participate in. 



Also if you are ever just needing some encouragement and a friendly reminder of how good we have it watch this video. It is the Cancer floor of a children's hospital singing the song stronger. This past week I was talking with a friend about how fortunate we are in life. After that conversation I could not get this video out of my mind.                             


Quote for the Week  
"It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. 2 Corinthians 3:5" 

No comments:

Post a Comment