Saturday, April 27, 2013

Time with my sister!


Hi All,
I am so sorry I got so busy last week that I did not get a chance to blog. This has been a fun weekend so far and I thought I would take some time to blog before I get to my homework (aka I am procrastinating a little bit longer). I was so lucky my sister Hannah decided to come and visit me this weekend (she is a senior in high school and deciding on here where should go to college). It was really some great bonding time for us that she decided to come and visit me for the weekend. Last night was SAB’s annual spring concert last night. Jared Nemon and Love & Theft came to play, two country artists for those of you who are not educated on country music. Rockhurst concerts are a lot of fun, normally spring concerts vary on the genre of music that they have for them. The fall concerts are normally the country ones. This year it was reversed. It is a fun way to start and end every school year with a concert! The concert was a little cold with the rain (I am not quite sure why they did not have it inside to be honest but oh well…) So that is the main reason (besides seeing her brother of course that my sister came in).

Then today we went to go volunteer at the Warrior Dash along with others from the honors program. If anyone has not heard of the Warrior Dash you should check it out. It is crazy, not necessarily for everyone but it was fun. Groups can volunteer at the Warrior Dash and they Warrior Dash makes a donation to the organization they are with. It is a certainly a unique volunteer experience.

Yesterday I went to my internship in the morning at Nonprofit Leadership Alliance. I have been there about a month now and I am really enjoying it! It will be nice to still be able to be home this summer while having an awesome internship. I am planning a conference in Chicago that will take place in January of 2014.
 
Well that is the update for now. One more week of classes then finals! Finals week should not be too bad so that is good. I just want it to feel like spring/summer we are so overdue it gets warm then it gets cold again and then warm. Spring temps us so often but has not been here to stay yet. We have also gotten a ton of rain lately.
Oh when I get more time this weekend or sometime this week I will blog about the two honor society inductions I have had this past week and the Nonprofit Senior Lunch I went to on Thursday.
Here is a really good prayer I found:
Lord Give Me Your Strength

Give us your strength, Lord. Because sometimes things get tough, and we are ready to quit.

Give us your love, Lord. Because sometimes people reject us, and we are tempted to hate.

Give us your eyes, Lord. Because sometimes life gets dark, and we lose our way.

Give us your courage, Lord. Because often we are put under pressure, and it’s hard to do what is right.

Give us yourself, Lord. Because our hearts are made for you, and we will not rest until we rest in you.

By Fr. Mark Link, S.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment