Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Internship

Hi All,

The title of this blog post is deceiving because the internship I am currently doing is not just a summer internship. It is one I started back at the end of March and will continue till the end of this coming academic year/my senior year (aka till late Spring of  2014). Sorry I have not talked much about my internship till this time. It is not because I am not enjoying it or anything. Much to the contrary- I am really loving my internship and is giving me some fantastic experience.

My official title is AMI Planning Intern for an organization called the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance. The Mission of the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance is to strengthen the social sector with a talented, prepared workforce. They are based out of Kansas City, down in the Power and Light district for those of you Kansas City people. The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance is the national organization that certifies nonprofit professionals. I am currently enrolled in the program through Rockhurst University so through doing the Nonprofit Leadership Studies Major at Rockhurst I will also receive my CNP Designation from the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance. So once I graduation I will be able to put MY NAME, CNP. To read more about the program Rockhurst offers in Nonprofit Leadership Studies check out this link http://www.rockhurst.edu/academics/undergraduate/majors/nonprofit-leadership/overview/

Back to my role as the AMI Planning Intern. You might be wondering what is AMI. AMI stands for the Alliance Management/Leadership Institute. AMI is the national institute held every January for the students seeking their CNP designation. All students before they get their CNP have to come to the Institute at least one time. Over 550 students will come this year to the conference along with campus faculty and Social Sector Leaders. At the Institute there will be workshops for the students to go to, Keynote speakers, a case study project where the students go into the community and work on a real issue a nonprofit is currently facing and many other neat things! I will be sharing more over the coming weeks and months!

I am working on putting the Institute together from details about the schedule to the fundraising aspect. Over the coming weeks and months I will be sharing more with you. To learn more about the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance visit: http://www.nonprofitleadershipalliance.org/aboutus/aboutus.html#sthash.jxWkYJYz.dpbs

No comments:

Post a Comment