Sunday, July 21, 2013

Another week of Summer has passed...

Hi All,

It is hard to believe that another week of summer has flown bye. I do not even know where this week went to. It seems like yesterday that I was blogging last when really it was over a week ago. Hard to believe.

Yesterday our family had tickets to the Chicago White Sox Game so I went. It was hot but fun. It was a good game too. It is always funny when the biggest cheer was in the 4th inning when the Sox scored. It was not only because the Sox scored but because it also happened in the 4th inning. You might ask what is so special about the 4th inning while Dunkin Donuts here in Chicago runs a promotion that when the Sox score in the 4th inning everyone wins a free small iced coffee. It is funny to see how the excitement level increased with everyone winning the free coffee. Also, at the game yesterday was the most successful "Wave" through the crowd that I have seen in a long time. It went around the stadium twice, at least. It is interest to watch how when more people are doing the wave in the sections approaching your section you are more likely to do it. Anyway, I must let it be known that when it comes to Chicago Baseball I am a Cubs fan through and through. I only go to Chicago White Sox games because my youngest sister and my Dad are big Chicago White Sox fans.

Here is a picture my mom took of my Sister and I at the game 

In other news I am starting to look in Grad School. So Wednesday, I went to meet with the program director of Notre Dame's Master's in Nonprofit Administration (MNA) program. I really like Notre Dame's campus and they are supposed to have a really good program. It was good to sit down and talk with their program director and hear more details about the program. Knowing that there is a good chance I will be going to grad school also means it is time to start thinking about the GRE. You know how in high school you think that ohh once you finish the ACT you are done with standardized tests... haha such a joke. Anyway so this week I should take some time to start reviewing for the GRE. Good thing is that your GRE score is good for 5 years so once you take it and are happy with your score even if I defer grad school for a few years I will not have to retake it.

Also, the learning center at Rockhurst does offer GRE preparation materials so I am going to be sure to make use of those in the coming months leading up to the test.

This week looks to be a pretty typical week as summer weeks come. I found a living social (like Groupon) deal so my Dad and I are going kayaking tomorrow evening so that should be interesting. Otherwise it is a week to plow along and hopefully get a lot of work done for my internship and try to spend some time enjoying summer (before it escapes). Anyway hope you have a great week. I found this quote hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment