Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall Break

Hi All,

I am catching up on my blogging (2 posts on one night). Sorry! For some reason this semester I have always set aside time to blog every week but something always seems to come up. I enjoy taking the time to blog and share what is going on here at Rockhurst with all of you! I hope you enjoy reading it!

Anyway, today ends fall break for all of us here at Rockhurst. The dorms stay open over break but when I say it is pretty much dead over break it is dead. On Tuesday I took a flight back to Chicago for 36 hours. In that 36 hours I had a meeting about a project I am working on in Haiti and got two of my wisdom teeth pulled then headed back to Kansas City.

Fall break is a great time to just relax, catch up on a little sleep and oh get some homework done (or at least have hopes of getting homework done) Haha.

I cannot believe I register for classes tomorrow for the last time here at Rockhurst. It is my last semester. It should be a little bit of an easier semester for me. More to come next week on which classes I get into.

This week starts my next round of exams (2/3rds of the way through the semester). Hard to believe this semester has certainly been one of the more interesting and challenging semesters I have had here at school.  More to come on that in another blog.

By the way a cool event: Dan Rather, a part of the Rockhurst leadership series was supposed to come and speak last week had to reschedule for next moth. Want more info? http://www.rockhurst.edu/news/article/leadership-council-brings-legendary-journalist-dan-rather/

"Rather will be this year’s Rockhurst University Leadership Series speaker, with the legendary journalist speaking at a luncheon scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11, in the Basie Ballroom at the Downtown Marriott, 200 W. 12th St. in Kansas City, Mo. The luncheon had been postponed from an earlier date due to illness.
The title of the presentation is “Dan Rather: Leadership Principles From the World’s Most Powerful Leaders.”

No comments:

Post a Comment