Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Who am I?

So before I start getting into my blogging I figured I should tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Josh Goralski I am currently a sophomore at Rockhurst University majoring in Nonprofit Leadership Studies and Accounting. I have a work study job in the athletic office and I am also the Desk Manager in Corcoran Hall. (Each of those will probably be separate blog topics for a later date so stay tuned). I came to Rockhurst University from Naperville, Illinois (approximately 30 miles outside of Chicago).  Back in Naperville I have an awesome family of my two sisters Bethany and Hannah and my parents. I have and will always be close to my family. 

People often ask me “why did I pick Rockhurst?” My answer to that question is for a few reasons. One of the reasons I decided to come to Rockhurst University is that they had my major (Nonprofit Leadership Studies) which is not offered as an undergraduate at very many universities across the country. Another is the size of Rockhurst. I went to a high school of approximately 3200 students and had a graduating class of 781. By my senior year I finally felt like I had made a name for myself. That took me 3 years too long. One of the awesome things about Rockhurst is that if you choose to get involved (which is highly highly highly recommended) you will be know by name by the student activities staff and many others on campus by the end of first semester if not sooner. Finally I decided to Rockhurst because I wanted a Catholic school. After going to public school all my life but being majorly involved with my church in Naperville I wanted to have my faith live incorporated into the classroom.  So this concludes blog number one. I hope you come back next week for more.

I really enjoy motivational quotes. So every blog entry I am going to try to end with one so here is the first one. This one happens to be inscribed on the Rockhurst bell tower make sure to look at it for yourself when you visit: ““You are called by the Society of Jesus to be men and women who reflect upon the reality of the world around you with all its ambiguities, opportunities, and challenges, to discern what is really happening in your life and in the lives of others, to find God there and to discover where God is calling you, to employ criteria for significant choices that reflect Godly values rather than narrow, exclusive self-interest, to make decisions in the light of what is truly for the greater glory of God and the service of those in need, and then to act accordingly.”  Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, S.J., 29th Superior General of the Society of Jesus, 1997 

No comments:

Post a Comment