Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Break



Hi all,
I am currently sitting in Chicago Midway’s airport waiting for my flight back to Kansas City. Thus, this is the end of my fall back. At Rockhurst our fall break (really mid-semester break) was Wednesday through Sunday. It has been an awesome fall break filled with lots of time with family. Yesterday my Dad and I went to the Notre Dame vs. Stanford football game. It was an amazing game, Notre Dame ended up winning. The weather was not the greatest, it rained for most of the game but it was still awesome. While I was in South Bend, I got to visit with my grandma who lives there. It was great to get to see her, I had not seen her in a while.
                Other than the trip to South Bend for the game I spent the weekend relaxing at home. I took a trip to the food bank where I did my summer internship this past summer and got a chance to catch up with them which was really nice. Additionally, I did get a chance to do a little bit of homework over the break which gives me a sense of accomplishment for the break.
                It is hard to believe that this semester is already half way over. This next month will be the busiest time of the semester. I have multiple outside of class events that are taking place over the next month, including a trip to the National Honors Conference in Boston a month from now. Prior to the trip to Boston, I have an event called Dinner with the Industry taking place, Doc Henley coming to speak at Rockhurst, an event with the Fundraising Professionals of Kansas City called National Philanthropy Day and finally a Residence Life event called Beyond Words.  Not to mention exams in all my classes. Thus it shall be a fun but busy next month.
While registration for the Spring semester is next week so I should go figure out my class schedule for next semester. Have an awesome week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment