Saturday, October 6, 2012

Last two weeks!

Sorry for the extremely short blogging entry last week. It has been a busy time of the semester for me (only two days of classes left till fall break J J J). I have thankfully not had many midterms but many of my friends have been spending this full weekend studying for midterms. Since fall break serves as the midpoint of the semester. Our fall break this year is Wednesday October 10th to Sunday October the 14th.  For fall break I am flying home to Chicago and spending time with my family and then my Dad and I are going to the Notre Dame Football game on Saturday. It will be a busy weekend at home but a fun one!

Meanwhile last weekend here at the Rock was Family and Alumni weekend. My Dad and one of my sisters can in for it. It was great to see them I hadn’t seen them since the I left on August first for Residence Life training. Speaking of Residence Life, part of the festivities over family weekend was a breakfast Residence Life put on for all the Resident Assistants and Desk Managers and their families. It was a really great breakfast! They even took family pictures J (see below for ours). It was such a great weather weekend on Friday night they had the soccer games, carnival and cookout. On Saturday afternoon we spent time walking around the plaza because it was such a nice day out! Finally, to conclude the afternoon we went to the annual family and alumni mass which the President of Rockhurst presided at. The three of us helped at mass with passing out programs. It was a really awesome liturgy in which they honored the “Golden Hawks” as well. All in all it was a really fantastic weekend! Although it made for a super busy week this past week having to play catch up because of course the weekend that my family came in I had a lot of homework. Have a great week everyone!

The Quote for the week is, "It took cancer to realize that being self-centered is not the way to live. The answer is to try and help others" - Terry Fox. He was from Canada and after diagnosed with caner decided to start running across the country on one leg since he lost the other to cancer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment