Saturday, June 15, 2013

Life...

Hi All,

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer! The weather has been fairly cool here in Chicago so far this summer. As is the theme across the Midwest there has been a lot of rain this summer. It seems like it is raining here every other day. I went for a bike ride the other day with a with my friend from high school and we made it the first 8 miles without rain then the heaves just opened up and it started to rain. We ended up going for like a 16 mile bike ride. It was great. I love long bike rides. In the recent years they have added a lot of bike trails around Naperville where I live.

On the topic of biking. A few of my friends at Rockhurst have bikes. Kansas City is a great biking city. They have the Trolley trail which I have talked about before in my blogs. I have run over half of it and I love it most of my runs at school consist of at least part or all of it on the Trolley trail. It is a limestone trail which is nice and softer but the water from heavy rains does not drain off as fast. There is also a bike nonprofit across the street from Rockhurst where if you volunteer for them 10 hours you get a free bike. They collect old bikes and take them apart and build new bikes. It is really awesome!

Here is a picture!


It was really fun catching up with my friend. She is an RA so it was nice to talk about the world of working for Residence Life. It is funny how similar the programs are run and how easily you can relate your jobs to one another. Like how checkout works and how some RA's end up helping other RA's with their end of the year paperwork. We also talked about the future and graduate schools. It is amazing how fast college has flown by. I commented to her Senior year of college after senior year of high school. Applying for Graduate Schools.

Anyway I am enjoying an evening NCIS with my Dad

Happy Father's day weekend to all men out there. We are called to be fathers in some way.




Let's all find someone to believe in. It is the greatest gift possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment