Saturday, August 17, 2013

My goal for Senior Year... Magis

Hi All,

So as I have been blogging I have been thinking about how cool it would be to have a theme for senior year.

For those of you who don't know how this works is Rockhurst every year picks a theme for the year to focus on and this year the theme for the year is Magis or "More". So it is a pretty broad theme and the university will have an easy time incorporating the theme.

After reading the book "The Time Keeper" on our family vacation to myrtle beach and reading through a website that listed the best quotes from the movie I found this: “There was always a quest for more minutes, more hours, faster progress to accomplish more in each day. The simple joy of living between summers was gone.” 

My goal, wish and prayer for this my senior year (my final year, my last harah, my final chance to leave an impact on Rockhurst, a community that has given so much to me over the years) is:

-To live each moment present to those around me and always striving to use them for the "Magis" and the greater glory of God our father.  

I have a habit of misusing time in ways that do not further this and this year as Honors Program and Nonprofit Student Association President's I have the chance to really leave a mark on this university and set those programs in director of the "Magis".

The Honors program is all about the "Magis" of knowledge and intellect. 

The Nonprofit Program is all about the "Magis" of serving others  and wanting more from life.

A quote from the book, “He cried that night for all that he had lost, but he would say it taught him a valuable lesson: that holding on to things "will only break your heart.”. There are some things and past relationships in my life that I need to let go of they only break my heart keeping them. I have also tried to simply my life in terms of the amount of stuff I have. 

I have given myself this goal of living this year for the "Magis" and making the most out of my time here.

As a friend of mine who is the Residence Director in McGee said that they are putting the "Magis in McGee"! 


No comments:

Post a Comment