Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Great Short Week!

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a fantastic Labor Day last weekend! It was a very relaxing Labor Day for me. I went for a long 6 mile run in the morning on Labor Day! The rest of the day was spent on just working on reading ahead for classes and doing some work at my internship. 

This week has gone so fast! Tuesday felt like it should be Friday but after that the rest of the week flew by. Having Labor Day off I got to miss the busiest day of classes which was nice in a way. Now this week reality of a full week will set in. I am interested to see how it is. 

Last week the Honors Program had it's first event. For members to remain active in the honors program they have to attend 2 events each semester. These events range from academic focused events to pure fun events. The event last week was about studying abroad and one honors student who studied abroad shared about their experiences. I have really enjoyed the honors program has put on over the last few years. I am now President of the Honors Exec. board. The Exec board works extremely hard to organize the events for the semester as well as facilitate communications among the program members and helps to maintain the honors room. The honors room is a study room only for honors students in Sedwick with couches and tables. It is great to go in there and relax in between classes or to work on a group project. If you are considering coming to Rockhurst make sure you apply to be in the honors program. You will be glad you did.

This week is Ignatian Heritage week! Next week in my blog I will talk about the exciting events that take place on campus during Ignatian Heritage week during my next blog entry.

In honor of Ignatian Heritage week here is a picture of St. Iggy here on campus.




Quote for the week: “Work like you don’t need the money. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching”  Satchel Paige

P.S. I hope this weather cools down its been soo hot lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment