Sunday, September 22, 2013

The heart of the semester

Hi All,

Alright the honeymoon period of the beginning of senior year has officially ended!

Reality has set in. You know the period when you just have to keep up on your reading and all the beginning of the year festivities are going on. My first exams of the semester is this coming week. This is when it really matters (it has mattered all along but you know what I mean). It is the time in the semester when 20% or more of your grade in a course can be determined in the course of an hour long exam. A lot of my courses this semester are set up where we have 3 exams per semester. It is hard to believe that already about a third of the semester or a sixth of my senior year has passed.

This week I have a business law exam and possibly an Intro into operations management exam (our professor said he would tell us Monday if the exam is going to be Wednesday or if he is going to push it back a week). Both of these classes are part of the core that every business student in the Helzberg school of management has to take. I really appreciate the business school core in addition to the school core. The business school core has made sure that we are well rounded and knowledgeable at least on a basic level in all the various aspects of business from organizational communication to accounting to business law.

On Thursday I stopped in to say goodbye to one of my former business school teachers who had taught me micro computer operations and marketing. He has been teaching here for countless years and has certainly impacted countless number of students.

Here are a few quotes for the week.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are" -Theodore Roosevelt

"Never frown because you never know who might be falling in love with your smile" Justine Milton

P.S. One final note I have this awesome application on my phone called motivational quotes. It has countless quotes and changes them every so often. It certainly offers some good food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment