Sunday, September 1, 2013

A week done

Hi All,

So the first full week of classes are done and we already have a three day weekend for the Labor Day. Labor Day serves as a nice break for those students who are getting a little home sick and need a taste of home. At schools like Rockhurst where a lot of students come from places within 4 hours away a majority of the students here go home for the labor day weekend. I was at my internship on Friday and came back, thought to my self, where did everyone go? and I was like oh yeah Labor Day weekend.  Anyway, I needed the three day weekend, I have been busy with my internship and also with a Haiti water and education project. Campus has been coming alive this past week. We had the free stuff fair on Wednesday where all the clubs and student organizations have a table so that both the incoming freshman and returning students can get a taste of what all Rockhurst offers and decide what they want to get involved in.

This weekend I got to take a break from doing homework and watch the Notre Dame Fighting Irish win their first game of the season. It is so exciting to have college football back on! I am a big college football fan. If I had to choose my favorite sport of the major sports to watch it would be college football. I am one of those that likes college over pro. Sorry, to those of you who are huge pro football fans. There is something magical about college campuses on game day weekends.

Anywho, Rockhurst hasn't had a football team in a very long time. We were undefeated back when did have a team though!

Hope you have a great start to your week.
Me at the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Student Association Table at the Free Stuff Fair

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment