Sunday, November 24, 2013

Hawks Make it to the Elite 8!

Just wanted to share this fun email that went out to all students on Friday night!

Hawk Fans,

Thanks to all who attend last nights Midwest Regional Soccer Victory!!  The crowd, and the team were outstanding!  Tomorrow, we have a chance to earn a trip to the NCAA Final Four in Men's Soccer, in Augusta, GA.  This would mark the first time for the team to advance to the Championship Round of the NCAA Tournament.  Let's get behind the team tomorrow, and make the day an event to remember.  Game starts at 1:00, but be on the lookout for updates throughout today, for events leading up to the game.  Let's turn out our students, alumni, faculty, staff and fans.  Come to the events, bring a friend, rally your sorority or fraternity, bring your dorm floor.  Last night was a great turnout.......how many more can we bring tomorrow?  Cheer Squad, I need you there!  Dance Team, I need you there!  Rock E. I need you there!  Drummer, I need you there!  Student Senate, I need you there!  Social Mentors, I need you there!  Alums, I need you there!  Athletes, I need you there!

Activities will start at 11:30 with food, music and fun.  Be on the lookout today for details on Rockhurst Social Media, and emails.  Text your crew now.......let's get this celebration started!!!  We can build momentum by attending the Women's Basketball Game tonight at 5:00 in Mason-Halpin.  The Chiefs will be around next week.......This is a weekend for our community!  I look forward to seeing all of you at the games this weekend!!

Athletics will provide free tickets for all who attend!!!  Wear your blue.

Coach Burns
GO HAWKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment