Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thankful

Hi Everyone,


Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! It was a very chilly thanksgiving here in Chicago. I think they said it was the coldest thanksgiving in twenty some years! Crazy how cold it has been so early. It normally does not get this cold until Januaryish. When there is no snow but it is so cold. You look out the window and think "oh its not that cold outside" but then you walk outside and that cold wind hits your face.

It has been a fun Thanksgiving break. On Tuesday, I had a meeting for my internship downtown Chicago with the hotel staff where the conference I have been planning is going to be at, then I took my sister to lunch at The Walnut Room. It is a really pretty restaurant inside of the flagship store of Macy's. It was Marshall Fields. It has been open for like 100 years.

Here is a picture of my sister and I there.
Photo: First time seeing my Hannah Banana since the summer :)

Then on Thanksgiving day we did a 5k Turkey Trot Run to raise money for local charities. It was really a great time. There were over 6500 runners. It was pretty crazy. I had my best time in a 5k time ever. It was a great flat course to run.

Here is picture of me and my sisters from the race:
Photo

The rest of break I have spent relaxing with the family, trying to get mentally prepared for these last few weeks.  Yes, we are all wearing donate life shirts. We ran the 5k as part of the "Team Illinois" we are all big organ donation supporters.

This break was great to just be home and spend the time with the family. It made me realize how blessed I am to have such an awesome family! I thank god everyday for the blessing they are today

No comments:

Post a Comment