Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall Break then comes Fall Weather

Well I am not quite sure where that fall break went to. It seemed like it was almost over before it started. My youngest sister wanted to write my blog for me this week but she never followed through on this...So I am sure you all probably want to know what I did over break. Well when I got home on Wednesday I went to a couple of meetings I had set up with the organization I had done a volunteer internship for over the summer. It was a great experience doing that volunteer internship. There is something to be said for completing an internship without pay. In the end I learned so much doing that internship that will help me when I graduate from RU. An additional perk of going back last week to the organization was that I got to be interviewed to be on a local news station. After my meetings I came home and relaxed I was still tired from the bus ride home.  
            On Thursday it was try to attempt to get my homework done day. Fact of the matter is you never get as much done as you want to at home. It is just so nice being home though, sleeping in your own bed and catching up with your family.
            On Friday it was a day to spend with my Mom. We went out to breakfast at my favorite place Corner Bakery (It is a Chicago thing) then she took me birthday shopping since my birthday is this week. Most importantly though we just got to spend time together talking about life. Nothing can top that.

            Then on Saturday our family went down to visit my sister at Bradley University which is about 2.5 hours from our house. It was awesome to see her. She is a freshman this year. However it makes for a long day. It was the first time I had ever been down to Bradley.

Over the break I think I figured out I think I spent at least 20 hours traveling from Tuesday night to Sunday morning. Want to hear about how I am getting to go to Phoenix AZ next weekend? Stay tuned for the next blog! Have a good week!
Quote:"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. 
Norman Vincent Peale"

No comments:

Post a Comment