Monday, October 3, 2011

Family Weekend

So as I mentioned in my previous blog entry I would talk about family weekend in the next blog entry so I am sorry it is so delayed though. It is hard to believe family weekend was already over a week ago. However looking forward I get to go home in just over a week for fall break; which is always exciting! (Not like I don’t love RU or anything sometimes it is just nice to go home and be spoiled for a few days).
            So anyway… my family came up for family weekend this year which was so nice because they were not able to make it up last year. They made the eight hour drive in on Friday. That afternoon my sister got a tour of RU (she is a junior and thinking about coming here). It was a perfect weather weekend all weekend long. That evening we sat outside had dinner and watched the family weekend soccer games. On Saturday we attended the Helzberg School of Management and Professional Development’s activities which included different speakers as well as a panel discussion. The panel discussion was very interesting and thought provoking. I hope they decide to do it again next year.
            Then on Saturday afternoon we attended Family and Alumni weekend mass at St. Francis Xavier Church (the church were we have our weekly 6pm student masses at). The President of RU Father Curran did the homily and the RU choir did the music for the mass. It was a very well done mass.
            Back to why I didn’t get to writing this until now… I had to turn in my final project for my nonprofit fundraising and development class (it is an accelerated class so this week is our last class already!) and I also had a Honors Christianity II Exam Thursday and a presentation in another class Thursday so it was a busy week and midterms are coming up soon… (fun stuff I know J ).
Okay so one of my hobbies is running so this week a picked a running quote from a famous runner… “You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement. Steve Prefontaine
The picture blow is on this huge chair that got put up outside the upperclassman hall (XL) This is a picture of me and my sister Hannah (the one who took the tour).

Have a fantastic week everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment