Monday, April 16, 2012

Almost there!

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Here at the Rock we are getting down to the end of the year. This is Greek week so everyone who are in Greek organizations (not me) have activities all week. Campus Ministries in partnership with Voices for Justice (A Social Justice group on campus) does a Social Justice week to balance out Greek week. In addition this week I have the Business School Scholarship awards ceremony and the nonprofit student recognition luncheon. So those two events should both be awesome event. Additionally this week there is also the festival of student achievement for any students who have been nominated for awards. This is the second to the last full week of classes! It is hard to believe it!

            On Friday night the Office of Residence had a game show night free to all students that wanted to come. Since I am on staff with Residence life I helped to put on the game show. We had a pretty good attendance with about 90 people there. The people who came to the game show evening had the possibility of winning up to a $400 visa gift card (So there was a pretty good incentive to come). The games we played included the Price is Right, Deal or No Deal and Minute to Win It!

            Finally I came across a good quote the other week. I do not know who said it but it is, “I value to power to serve more than the power to lead”. Just stop and think about it. It is a pretty powerful quote in my opinion. Hope everyone has an awesome week! Also next week I will talk about this great talk I went to this past week on leadership done by accomplished businessmen who graduated from Rockhurst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment