Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend at Home

Hi everyone hope everyone had a blessed Easter with their families! I have been fortunate enough to get to go home and spend the weekend at home with my family which was an Easter blessing in and of itself. I have grown up my whole life going to an absolutely great church and it has basically been like my extended family. So going back and getting to see my families’ friends was great. I have always been involved with helping out around the church so it was natural for me to chip in and help out during the Easter masses. My sister who is a freshman in college also came home for the weekend so it was nice that we were all able to spend it together. We had an awesome brunch for Easter then my parents went to drive my sister back to school because she does not get tomorrow off like Rockhurst does.

It is so hard to believe that the school year is almost over. A month from tomorrow my sophomore year is over. While I was home I went to have an interview with Northern Illinois Food Bank. I would love to intern there this summer, from the interview it looks like it is going to work out so that is exciting. It would be a full time internship lasting pretty much all summer. It is required as part of my Nonprofit Leadership Studies major to do a 300 hour internship with a nonprofit organization so it will be good to get that requirement taken care of.

I was just looking at my planner these are going to be a busy next few weeks until finals start then it slows down. I have four papers due before the 25th of April. In addition we have some exciting speakers coming to campus over the next few weeks that I am excited to hear.  I am sure I will talk about them in blog entries to come. Rejoice! Jesus Chris is Risen Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment