Sunday, April 1, 2012

Holy Week 2012

Hi Everyone, Happy Holy Week to all of you who are Catholic. I hope it is a blessed week for you. This last week has gone by so fast it seems like. I am currently working on 3 papers that have page requirements of at least ten pages double spaced each. They are not all due for a few more weeks but with all three of them due within a two week span I have to start working on them now. The weather has continued to be super nice here which has been awesome (it is almost too hot to run at certain times of the day). It is hard to believe I am saying that and it is only April 1st. 

Today I did a service project with some fellow guys from Rockhurst. It was an awesome way to spend part of your Sunday. One of my friends commented that it was a really appropriate way to start Holy Week. It had never occurred to me to think of it in that way but really he is so true. Doing the service project today continued something I had done at my church for about the past 14 palm Sundays until I came to Rockhurst which was doing an Easter Ham Collection for those who would otherwise not be able to have a ham for an Easter dinner. It was something my Dad got me involved in when I was little and I always looked forward to it. We would normally collect about 1,000 hams. So my pattern of doing service on Palm Sunday continues. 

At Rockhurst we get Holy Friday and Easter Monday off from classes so I am going back home to Naperville to enjoy Easter with my family and attend the Holy Week services at my home parish. Hope it is a great week for everyone. 
So at mass today they played the Song the Summons and the words just struck me today so I thought I would include them: 
The Summons Hymn
Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?
Will you go where you don't know and never be the same?
Will you let my love be shown? Will you let my name be known,
will you let my life be grown in you and you in me?

Will you leave yourself behind if I but call your name?
Will you care for cruel and kind and never be the same?
Will you risk the hostile stare should your life attract or scare?
Will you let me answer prayer in you and you in me?

Will you let the blinded see if I but call your name?
Will you set the prisoners free and never be the same?
Will you kiss the leper clean and do such as this unseen,
and admit to what I mean in you and you in me?

Will you love the "you" you hide if I but call your name?
Will you quell the fear inside and never be the same?
Will you use the faith you've found to reshape the world around,
through my sight and touch and sound in you and you in me?

Lord your summons echoes true when you but call my name.
Let me turn and follow you and never be the same.
In Your company I'll go where Your love and footsteps show.
Thus I'll move and live and grow in you and you in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment